[CentOS] Why is my default DISPLAY suddenly :3.0?

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Apr 28 17:16:58 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-28, Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com> wrote:
>> On 2013-04-26, Joakim Ziegler <joakim at terminalmx.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, brain fart, I'm running CentOS 6.3, not Fedora. The weird thing=
>>> is that this changed after a reboot.
>
> I've seen this from time to time.  It always seems to happen when I=20
> change run levels without a reboot.

The OP already stated (see above) that he saw this directly after a
reboot.

> That makes me think it may have=20
> something to do with an earlier post, when an old X session does not=20
> exit completely before the new one.

That's still a possibility, which is why multiple people have mentioned
checking the logs.

> In any case, it seems to have little impact on how it all works.

No, and the OP seems to know this.  But it can't hurt to know what's
changed--it could be helpful information if the change turns out to
break something else later.  (Odds are slim in this case, but you
never know--something already stopped working because of it.)

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us