[CentOS] ECC memory errors

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:40:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Now, on an HP support list, someone left a message over the weekend that I
> should do a BIOS update... except all I can find is a DOS .exe to do it,
> *and* there's a comment about needing to install previous BIOS updates....
> You don't happen to know if I do need to install the previous update?
>
>       mark, looking into a freedos USB key solution....

Or set up a PXE server with a freedos floppy image.  Use memdisk to load
the floppy image into memory. [0] [1]

I've uncompressed and loopback mounted a freedos image and then added bios
updating utilities my image(s).  Unmount and re-compress the image if you
like.  It is possible to boot a compressed (gzip only?) image via memdisk
for the record.

[0] http://raftaman.net/?p=491
[1] http://blog.mozilla.org/jv/2011/01/07/pxe-booting-dos/

Mike