[CentOS] flashing a BIOS on an HP server

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 21:35:50 UTC 2013

For the DL380 G4 series, the firmware update bootable ISO was Linux based
and the SmartStart CD was Linux based.  Boot using the Live ISO and there
was a utility available that would create a LiveUSB version.  No Windows
was required whatsoever.  i loved the way that most all firmware updates
were accomplished from a LiveCD.