[CentOS] rsync - why not copying all files?

Sun Apr 14 14:17:19 UTC 2013

I am doing a new setup, got most of the files in place from other places
and then ran my rsync backup from the command line before putting it in
crontab.  Here is the rsync:

rsync -ah --stats --delete /home/ /mnt/sdc1/backups/homebase/home

Note that the directory ..../homebase/home did not exist prior to this
command; it created it.  So here are the stats:

Number of files: 6190
Number of files transferred: 5944
Total file size: 4.25G bytes
Total transferred file size: 4.25G bytes
Literal data: 4.25G bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 263.95K
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 4.25G
Total bytes received: 113.93K

sent 4.25G bytes  received 113.93K bytes  29.60M bytes/sec
total size is 4.25G  speedup is 1.00

Why would files transferred be less than the number of files?  For
example, is there some option I need to move hidden files?  I do not
believe there are any symlinks under /home.

Thanks for any help in puzzling this out.  I would be greatly upset if
some key file was not being backed up.