[CentOS] 2nd NIC troubles

Tue Apr 16 17:37:32 UTC 2013
Jason T. Slack-Moehrle <slackmoehrle at gmail.com>

Hi All,

I have 2 NICS in this system. CentOS 6.4

eth0 is the virtual IP from PFSense mapping connected to the router, works
fine.

eth1 is a second NIC that I have assigned a private IP to and connected it
to a switch on the private network. I have many other private devices, so I
know this setup works.

When I connect the cable to the switch and bring up eth1 the system
basically stops taking requests. I can no longer SSH in, Websites stop
responding, etc. If I walk over to the server and take down eth1,
everything works fine.

Here is eth0:
DEVICE=eth0
HWADDR=00:1b:21:cd:80:bf
TYPE=Ethernet
UUID=68a95912-3915-4b1a-9080-eb2017330153
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=192.168.1.27
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
DNS2=8.8.4.4
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
DNS1=8.8.8.8
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no

Here is eth1:
DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=00:0a:cd:17:07:7e
TYPE=Ethernet
UUID=b3851363-ae9e-4066-8993-caed07b9945b
ONBOOT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=10.0.254.11
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=10.0.254.1
DNS1=8.8.8.8
DNS2=8.8.4.4
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no

I have never experienced this before.

Also, when I check system-config-network-tui, some .bak, which I made, but
deleted the files from the file system when I was trying a few things. But
how do I get rid of them?

I attached a screenshot

Jason