[CentOS] Getting confirmation for power button

Thu Apr 25 13:43:19 UTC 2013
Vanhorn, Mike <michael.vanhorn at wright.edu>

Using CentOS 5.8:

Currently on my workstations, when I press the power button the computer
immediately does a 'shutdown -h now' (per /etc/acpid/events/power.conf).
Is there a way to change it so that a confirmation dialog comes up, rather
than an immediate shutdown?

I assume that I am going to need to change that power.conf file to tell
some program that the power button's been pressed, rather than making a
call to shutdown, but I haven't been able to figure out what program to
which I need to make a call.

Thanks!

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu