[CentOS] Directory Server vs just plain old LDAP server

Sat Apr 27 18:08:53 UTC 2013
aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

Hi all,

I'm migrating from my Cent 5.x LDAP server to Cent 6.x.

But wondering if there are any advantages to the Directory Server package itself?

Been using regular old LDAP server for years now.  I manage it both via Webmin and command line as well as some tweaks to a Drupal module.

The fail over has always sort of bothered me as the secondary LDAP servers pull vs being pushed to, at least that was the case in Centos 5.x

At any rate, your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- aurf