[CentOS] Vsftpd configuration problem

Mon Apr 1 23:25:26 UTC 2013
Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com>

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 02.04.2013 01:12, schrieb Max Pyziur:
>> Beginning today, I started to receive the following when ftp'ing to my
>> CentOS 6 machine:
>> ncftp /home/pyz2 > dir
>> connect failed: No route to host.
>> connect failed: No route to host.
>> connect failed: No route to host.
>> Falling back to PORT instead of PASV mode.
>>
>> I can make a connection, but I can't get a directory listing or transfer
>> data/files
>>
>> My firewall setting has port 21 open
>>
>> I can remotely telnet to hostname 21
>
> and you understood that ftp needs also a data-channel
> and not only the control-connection?

I assume that you are referring to the following vsftpd configuration file
setting:
# Make sure PORT transfer connections originate from port 20 (ftp-data).
connect_from_port_20=YES

Btw, When ftping to another user on the same machine, there is no problem
in making a connection or in transferring data; it's connections that our
outside the box.

> http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

MP