[CentOS] mock and iaxmodem

Fri Apr 5 20:33:16 UTC 2013

James B. Byrne wrote:
> I am trying to build an rpm package for iaxmodem-1.2.0.   At the
> moment I am still trying to get a working spec file put together.  I
> have managed to get an SRPM produced but the binary build from this
> fails due to there being no install task in the Makefile.in provided
> with the source.
>
> I have found a spec file from opensuse that provides this in the
> install portion:
<snip>

> But in mock I get a failure on the build because make has no install
> task.
>
> + make install
> DESTDIR=/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/iaxmodem-1.2.0-1.el6.x86_64
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
> RPM build errors:

That would be due to the Makefile not having been built with an install
target. configure builds the Makefile dynamically, but something there
isn't telling it to make an install target.

You might look at the configure, and see what why it's not creating
install as a target.

       mark, once a makefile expert