[CentOS] Does CentOS support dual graphics cards with 2 monitors each?

Sat Apr 6 23:35:10 UTC 2013
Dale Dellutri <daledellutri at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>wrote:

> I have a user who wants to have 4 monitors attached to his CentOS 6.4
> system.  I know that you
> can't use both on-board video and a PCI video card at the same time, but
> what about two PCI
> video cards?  The system seems to recognize them as shown by the lspci -v
> output below, but
> I can't get Xorg to use the second card.  Has anyone done this?  If so,
> what is the trick to
> get it to work?

I previously suggested the Matrox M9140 with the matrox proprietary driver
(m9x),
but the current one does not support the Xorg server 1.13 which is the
current
server for CentOS 6.4.  Until they update the driver package, it can't be
installed
on a CentOS 6.4 system.

In the next few weeks I'm going to test some other graphic cards that have
four
monitor connections on one card:
  ATI FirePro 2460 Multiview
  NVidia Quadro NVS 420
  NVidia Quadro NVS 510
I hope that they will work with the open source driver (radeon or nouveau).

--
Dale Dellutri