[CentOS] Apache Issue on CentOS 6

Mon Apr 8 04:54:37 UTC 2013
Banyan He <banyan at rootong.com>

I did a quick test on el5 and el6 with these package,

httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.centos
httpd-2.2.15-15.el6.centos.1.i686

I kept the configuration as what it is in default. The index page is
about 7k, 100 connections per second. I barely find the connection is
marked as R. Mostly C and _. This is done by ab from httpd.

I also did a quick test with slow attack. It's basically slowing the
client itself to collect the data from the server. I did 200 connections
per second. My server is ok seems. A little bit slow, but not too much.

el5

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRCWS.....................................................

el6

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRCRRRRCCCCCCCRWCCCCCWCCCCCCWWCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC......

I also did the capture on the network traffic that I can find out the
connections are doing something bad. You may follow the lead here as I
mentioned.

Banyan He
Blog: http://www.rootong.com
Email: banyan at rootong.com