[CentOS] floppy drives

Mon Apr 8 16:21:17 UTC 2013

Max Pyziur wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2013, David G. Miller wrote:
>> mark <m.roth at ...> writes:

*shrug* In houses, apts, where I live, not in storage (except possibly for
a couple months, and that was all climate-controlled storage).
<snip>
>>> Is it possibly that there's some driver missing?
>> Floppy drives also have a limited lifetime.  Are you sure the drive
>> itself (not the disk) is good?

That I don't know, and was trying to think of a way to test it. As I noted
in another post, the 5.25" light seems to stay on, and I *think* that was
the one I had disconnected before. I also think I mentioned that after
bringing it down, connecting, and rebooting, I looked at the BIOS, and it
told me it *only* saw the 3.5" drive.
<snip>
> Any chance that we could see your /etc/fstab, at least those lines
> regarding floppies?
>
> Or is that personal?

a) Not at home.
b) Not really relevant, since I don't have a floppy entry in it, just my
h/d partitions.

It *looks* like udev knows about it, since it created /dev/fd0 and the
related devices.

Btw, I updated before I brought it down, so it's on current 5.9.

      mark
       mark