[CentOS] phpmyadmin location

Mon Apr 15 15:00:29 UTC 2013
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Bruce Whealton
<bruce at futurewaveonline.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>          So, I installed phpmyadmin from the yum package manager.  I am not
> sure where it would be installed.  In other words, I don't know how to reach
> it in my browser.

By default, the rpm installation creates an Apache Alias "/phpmyadmin"
(take a look at the httpd.conf file).

You can access it with <http://<ip_number>/phpmyadmin>  ip_number can
be localhost, DNS name, or ip number.

Follow the common password policy (> 8 chars alpha numeric upper/lower case).

In case this system is on an Internet facing network, I would suggest
you put some kind of access control on the directory e.g. .htaccess
Basic Auth.

HTH
--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device