[CentOS] upload a file to new github repository

Mon Apr 15 15:23:52 UTC 2013
Adam Wead <amsterdamos at gmail.com>

Sounds like you're trying to add the file from the web interface.  Usually
you add the files via the filesystem you've cloned the repo to. Ex:

git clone https://git.com/username/my-repo
cd my-repo
[edit/add files]
git status # to preview your chnages
git commit -m"Adding new and changed files to my repo"
git push

Then go to https://git.com/username/my-repo

and you should see the changes.  I'm assuming you're putting all your
changes in your master branch.

I guess you can files via the web interface, but I've never done that.

...adam

Adam Wead
Systems and Digital Collections Librarian
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
216.515.1960 (t)
215.515.1964 (f)