[CentOS] Regarding : ATI video driver problems

Tue Apr 16 11:21:09 UTC 2013
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 16/04/13 01:01, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> I gather from the discussion on the reference thread that I'll be having
> quite a time with a MB having an Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000 graphics
> chip set and a video card using a Radeon HD 6570 chip set when I try to
> run CentOS 6.4 on it.
>
> I was going to ask if CrossFire works with CentOS, but it appears that
> the integrated chip set isn't going to work at all.

I can't answer the rest of your queries, but I will clarify one small
point above - the integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000 graphics chipset will
work with CentOS, it just isn't supported by the ATI/AMD proprietary
driver under 6.4 (which I guess is what you meant above). But to clarify
it is supported by the stock kernel driver in CentOS 6.4.

Whether that will allow for CrossFire and/or other more advanced
configurations I do not know, and hopefully someone else will be able to
answer.