[CentOS] phpmyadmin location

Thu Apr 18 06:44:45 UTC 2013
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But at the same time it's not prudent to allow anyone access to a service
> (host/port/page/whatever) when they have no need to.
>
> Perfect example being people who let SSH open to the world on production
> boxes and do little to nothing to protect it.

How do you handle the ACL when multiple users need the ssh access?

Use case scenario,  I have setup CentOS based LAMP servers (as an
admin) and pay extra for static IPs to assure my clients that  I
access their servers from specific IPs only.   However,  the web
developers who keep making changes (per client request) need sftp
access to the boxen; their respective ISP service, provide only
dynamic IPs (or charge extra which the freelancer will not pay for)

At the moment, I have had to leave it open with fail2ban monitoring
the ssh port.

--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device