[CentOS] ATI video driver problems

Thu Apr 18 12:32:17 UTC 2013
YB Tan Sri Dato Sri' Adli a.k.a Dell <white.heron at yahoo.com>

Regards,

YB Tan Sri Dato' Sri Adli a.k.a Dell

my.linkedin.com/pub/yb-tan-sri-dato-sri-adli-a-k-a-dell/44/64b/464/
H/p number:  (017) 362 3661

________________________________
 From: "m.roth at 5-cent.us" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:48 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] ATI video driver problems

Well, I'm *almost* there on my user's box with the old ATI card. Radeon
driver, and I had one mistake, so now we can access both monitors.

But...

If I enable xinerama, I can have it work as one large screen, but xrandr
is disabled (and the system->preferences->display doesn't work). And with
xinerama, it still acts as though either it isn't getting 1280x1024
resolution, or the viewport (?) is bigger than the screens, and I have no
viewport option. Also, when I shove the mouse off the screen, a portion,
an "L" shape of maybe 25% or 30% of the screen, moves offscreen, and I
can't make it come back.

With xinerama disabled, xrandr is enabled, the
system->preferences->display works, and I can move the mouse between
monitors... but the systems sees them as separate, with their own menus at
the top, and the display GUI only sees one monitor.

Annoying, to say the least. Any X experts here that can suggest what I'm
missing?

Here's my current xorg.conf:
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option        "AllowMouseOpenFail" "true"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "glx"
EndSection

<snip of mouse & keyboard sections>

Section       "Device"
  Identifier  "mycard0"
  Driver      "radeon"
  BusID       "PCI:2:0:0"
  Screen      0
EndSection

Section       "Device"
  Identifier  "mycard1"
  Driver      "radeon"
  BusID       "PCI:2:0:0"
  Screen      1
EndSection

Section       "Monitor"
  Identifier  "mymon0"
  Option      "Monitor-DisplayPort-0"
  Option      "Rotate" "left"
EndSection

Section       "Monitor"
  Identifier  "mymon1"
  Option      "Monitor-DisplayPort-1"
  Option      "Rotate" "left"
EndSection

Section       "Screen"
  Identifier  "myhead0"
  Device      "mycard0"
  Monitor     "mymon0"
  DefaultDepth  24
  SubSection  "Display"
    Depth     24
    Modes     "1280x1024"
  EndSubSection
EndSection

Section       "Screen"
  Identifier  "myhead1"
  Device      "mycard1"
  Monitor     "mymon1"
  DefaultDepth  24
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth     24
    Modes     "1280x1024"
  EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier  "layout0"
  InputDevice "keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
  InputDevice "mouse0" "CorePointer"
  Screen      0 "myhead0" RightOf "myhead1"
  Screen      1 "myhead1"
  Option      "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

      mark