[CentOS] Centos6 installed as virtual host

Thu Apr 18 15:44:51 UTC 2013
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 04/18/2013 11:49 AM, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I convinced my boss to buy me a new laptop, it arrived today!
>
> So now that I finaly have a X86_64 machine, I want to try Kvm. I'm very
> excited.
>
> I Anaconda I selected install as virtual host, but after install, update
> and reboot  I try
>
> #[jvermeulen at it root]$ virt-manager
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 383, in <module>
>       main()
>     File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 286, in main
>       raise gtk_error
> RuntimeError: could not open display
>
> I googled this, but found very little info about this type of Centos
> install.
>
> Can anyone advise on how to proceed from the standard install to get
> this working?
>
> Greetings, J.

Did you run this from a terminal in Gnome or another window manager? It
looks like it can't talk to the X server. What exactly did you do to get
this error?

Also, there should be a "VM" logo for "Virtual Machine Manager" in your
GUI's menu.

--
Digimer
access to education?