[CentOS] Having difficulty exporting display

Mon Apr 22 10:09:34 UTC 2013
Anthony K <akcentos at anroet.com>

On 19/04/13 06:42, Yves S. Garret wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my issue, my remote machine (CentOS 6.3, hosted in Azure windows
> environment) has an application that I need to test on my local box (CentOS
> 6.4, a laptop behind a router).
>
> Now, this is what I'm doing and the issue that I'm encountering:
> Local:
> $ xhost +
> $ ssh -X someusername at somehostname.net -p 49283
I don't believe you need to export DISPLAY, it should already be set by
virtue of using -X.  Try omitting the export below and just run xclock.
That ought to work.

When you log in, what does set|grep DISP output?I always get the
following output:
DISPLAY=localhost:10.0

And all my GUI apps end up on my local desktop!