[CentOS] Supermicro & Boot Failures with DVD Centos 6.2

Mon Apr 22 14:00:11 UTC 2013
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.net>

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:25:42 -0500
"Gregory P. Ennis" <PoMec at PoMec.net> wrote:

> Laurent,
>
> That is interesting !!!
>
> We tried to boot do the i386 and then an x64 6.4 install discs this
> morning, and were stopped at the familiar first line.  Do you know if
> anyone has put in a bug report on this?

Well…I found few messages about it, and it looks like people aren't
sure about the cause…software bug ? BIOS bug ? Isolinux guys report it
to BIOS, and of course we don't hear about BIOS guys.
So pick your choice ;)
Anyway, I haven't found any other solution…and once I found the 6.0
trick I stopped research here.
Regards,

Laurent Wandrebeck
HYGEOS, Earth Observation Department / Observation de la Terre
Euratechnologies
165 Avenue de Bretagne
59000 Lille, France
tel: +33 3 20 08 24 98
http://www.hygeos.com
GPG fingerprint/Empreinte GPG: F5CA 37A4 6D03 A90C 7A1D  2A62 54E6 EF2C
D17C F64C

Laurent,

I took a look at the centos bugs and found this.

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5377

I am not sure if my problem is related to this particular problem, but
there was a similar note attached to this bug, I also added a note.

It does not look to me like anyone is addressing the problem.  I am glad
the 6.0 archive is available.  I will try your suggestion next.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Greg