[CentOS] [centos-6.3-desktop] Unable to login

Mon Apr 22 14:43:51 UTC 2013

Mayur Patil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One more thing as per I think I have lost only file which responsible for
> GUI of the centos.
>
> If anyone has Idea which files I need to get Login and other explorer
> screen back in action

There is no "explorer" - that's a Windows thing. You should have command
line login using <ctrl><alt><f2>

I skimmed your other email - a) did you install for 64 bit? b) did I see
that you tried picking and choosing from what release? In any case, you
need to do
yum -y update
and update your whole system to current.

If you're still having gui problems, you *might* have a driver issue. What
video do you have?
<nsip>
> And I also want to ask that is it possible to install that files from
> Putty; I have windows on other PC

There are no putty files to install on Linux. Putty will bring you in as
though you had ssh'd from another *Nix machine.
<snip>
         mark