[CentOS] r-x and r-x.

Thu Apr 25 17:31:31 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 4/25/2013 8:36 AM, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
>> Ah! And selinux. Have you encrypted the h/d's?
> you know, I did argue that with my boss but he was against it. Guess he
> didn't want to type 2 passwords.
> So the only encrypted laptop is my own.
> But my boss was sorry when his got stolen a few months ago.

a coworker had his encrypted (Windows, using Bitlocker) laptop suffer
some HD issue such that it couldn't boot last week.   noone in the
windows-centric IT support group at his site could figure out how to
repair or recover it, so he ended up having to nuke and rebuild and
wasn't able to recover any of his files.

security is a 2 edged sword.