[CentOS] hard drive question - WD red

Thu Apr 25 19:31:17 UTC 2013
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 4/25/13, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Oh, good, someone actually running Reds. How long have you had them, and
> have you had any issues? I'm not actually worried about RAID - we have a
> very few servers with RAID 1, and I think they're all software RAID. The
> big RAIDs, we bought the boxes with drives. We'd be using them for
> servers, and backups.

Sadly I don't think we have enough of them or long enough to provide
any really useful experience. Our servers are generally lightweight
systems meant to support custom apps so no hardware raid, all md RAID
1 with a pair of WD Reds on Supermicro X9SCM-F boards. 3 of them and
the oldest is only about 2 months old, no problems so far.