[CentOS] Why is my default DISPLAY suddenly :3.0?

Fri Apr 26 15:57:56 UTC 2013
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Keith Keller wrote:

>>I'd thought that :0.0 was the norm.
>
> It is, but it's not a hard and fast rule.  If you are running multiple
> local X consoles, for example, they can't all be :0.0.  I've also seen
> different identifiers when one X session is hung and/or doesn't finish
> cleanly before a new one is brought up.

I've seen this on CentOS 6 - X (re-)starts up on something other than :0

I didn't spend any time investigating why at the time - but I guess the
reasons why X didn't start on :0 should be in /var/log/Xorg.0.log ?

James Pearson