[CentOS] Apache stops without evident cause

Tue Apr 30 15:59:58 UTC 2013
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Mon, April 29, 2013 09:02, James Hogarth wrote:
>> It is just the httpd service that stops.
>
> Define 'stops'

Attempts to access the web sites served by that service report Server
not Found.

Running 'service httpd start' starts the service.

> Are there any httpd processes still running?

No.

> What are you doing with the server - php, proxy to tomcat, etc

Straight-up static web sites.  Nothing fancy or dynamic.  No CGI scripts.

> There's very little information to go on in your post...

You have what I have.  There is simply no trace of the process by the
time my periodic (every 15 minutes) sweep notices that the httpd
process is gone and restarts it.

Canada  L8E 3C3