[CentOS] surveillance DVR

Michael Hennebry

hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Aug 1 04:01:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> It's not a plug-in appliance, it's software. We are currently running the
> cameras on our servers, and my manager, as I've said, was considering a
> plug-in appliance, that we could access and back up from our Linux servers
> or workstations, and not have to worry that, as just happened with the
> last kernel update, it would break the drivers.

What about just buying another computer that you do not have to update?
Give it only a local IP address so that the outside world cannot access it.
If I understand what you want correctly,
the new computer would not need to send data to the outside world.
The new computer and the outside world
could be blissfully unaware of each other.

"This dream is brought to you by Sharassin of Shan.  Dreams and
communication wizardry of all sorts at reasonable rates." -- Sharassin of Shan