[CentOS] Why libnetfilter_queue is missing from CentOS, but available in, Fedora?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Aug 9 14:06:02 UTC 2013

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 08/09/2013 08:48 AM, Mike Burger wrote:
>> Simply put, it's likely not in RHEL, either. CentOS is, essentially, a
>> clone of RHEL, so if it's not in RHEL, it's not in CentOS.
>>
>> Keep in mind, as well, that the latest Fedora releases are as closely
>> related to the current RHEL/CentOS release as you and I. RHEL/CentOS6 is
>> closer to Fedora 12, as I recall...someone please correct me if I'm
>> wrong.
>>

> Quite familiar with Centos taking what Redhat sends her. (Adapted from a
> line in 'The Wreak of the Edmund Fitzgerald')
>
> I seem to recall that the switch started with F16 and complete with F17.
> So this makes it hard for maintainers to work with the old and new.
>
> grumble.

Yeah, well, I'm upgrading a user's system to FC19, and I don't want to see
your problems with trying to maintain that, um, alpha software.

The new updater is called fedup. *Boy*, did they choose the correct name.
No info during the first part, after the reboot, whether you hit <esc> or
one of the function keys, then it acts like it hangs, and, in fact, it
*is* hung, as in power cycle the sucker, then it's coming up and *now* it
installs all its packages....

And they call 19 Schroedinger's Cat. I agree, and they don't want to let
you see if it's alive or dead....

        mark