[CentOS] Motherboard and chipset compatibility

B.J. McClure keepertoad at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 12 17:59:00 UTC 2013

On 08/12/2013 01:22 PM, Glenn Eychaner wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Now, about what you're looking to build - you say that you want 1U, and
>> mention rackspace: in my experience, rackmounts are a *lot* larger than a
>> pizza box, so I'm a little confused at the requirements you're building
>> for.
> The rack is already full; I only get that 1U of space by removing a spare
> part to another location, and unfortunately, I have a depth limit due to
> the power distribution module on the rack rear. These computers are
> replacing tower PCs that sit on the floor under a desk in a rather hostile
> environment, so I'd like to move them to either the desktop or the adjacent
> rack, but have limited space in either location (1U of short-depth rack or
> about room for a miniITX box on the desk).
>
> -G.
> --
> Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
> Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory
I have a single Zotac ZBOXHD-ID11 mounted in a mobile cart for driving
an ancient projector for small classroom learning environment.  Not sure
motherboard designation but CentOS 6.4 upgraded from 6.3 plays very
nicely.  This is a 64 bit system.  Not much help and I am having
difficulty seeing all your requirements being met in an ITX form
factor.  FWIW, Intel N10/ICH7 chipset, atom quad core CPU.

Cheers.