[CentOS] Dell R515 with PERC H700 - JBOD?

Joseph Spenner

joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 19:47:43 UTC 2013

Hello, I'm curiuos if anyone knows if it's possible to set up a Dell R515 (which has PERC H700) to be JBOD.
It seems the only options are RAID0 or RAID1.
I read posts, where people say it can by done by making each disk its own RAID0.  This works, but it wigs out when that disk is removed, and forgets a disk was ever there (unless I go back in the PERC and fix it).
My plan is to have a system where I can remove and replace the drives regularly, while the system is on/running.  I do this on a SuperMicro, but wanted to migrate this server to a Dell.

I tried disabling the RAID in the BIOS, but then the installer never sees the disks.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Regards,
Joseph Spenner