[CentOS] Problem with "yum update"

Ljubomir Ljubojevic centos at plnet.rs
Wed Aug 14 07:17:48 UTC 2013

On 08/13/2013 07:11 PM, Brian Mathis wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Joseph Hesse <joehesse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/13/2013 10:38 AM, John Doe wrote:
>>> From: Joseph Hesse <joehesse at gmail.com>

>> obsoleting
>>> Repoforge extra wants to replace a base library with his version...
>>> Other base packages need the old library.
>>>
>>> JD
>>

>> What steps should I take to fix this so I can do a successful "yum update"?
>> Thanks again,
>> Joe Hesse
>>

> If you're using third party repositories, you should also be using the
> yum-priorities plugin, and set the priorities for all repos to avoid
> conflicts.
>      http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

I would like if CentOS, or RHEL/CentOS, would have yum-plugin-priorities
as part of default install, and all CentOS *.repo files already added
"priority=x" line. Then all third-party repositories whould add them as
part of thier *.repo files and we could teach newbies how to properly
and safely use third-party repositories. This way it is a mess that
keeps popularization and en-massing away from CentOS.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)