[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 20 08:57:22 UTC 2013

Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On 2013-08-19, Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> > If you know about problems, send evidence
>
> The problem seems to be that you would rather rant about distributions'
> licensing and packaging decisions than help the OP.  It seems like he
> would be perfectly happy to use your version of cdrtools, yet you insist
> on not telling him how to get it!

???

I told him that if his distro does not do it's homework, he needs to compile
himself. The URL is in my signature and in contrary to many autoconf based
sources, my software compiles out if the box by just calling "make".

> > There are more then 100 bug reports in the redhat bugtracking system (just
> > change your view to see all closed but unfixed bugs) that confirm problems with
> > the binaries distributed by redhat and the users who reported the bugs confirmed
> > that upgrading to recent original software fixed the problem.
> >
> > It is pretty obvious that redhat does not care about it's users...
>
> Still, none of this solves the OP's problem!  You do yourself and your
> software a disservice by being deliberately unhelpful to score political
> points.  (Perhaps that is why distros are reluctant to include your
> software, preferring a buggy version to one with a difficult author.)

As mentioned before: I deliver something that compiles and runs out of the box
on aprox. 30 OS platforms (not counting the CPU and OS-version variants).
It is not my duty to deliver binary packages for more than 100 OS/CPU variants.

Jörg