[CentOS] LVM RAID0 and SSD discards/TRIM

Joakim Ziegler joakim at terminalmx.com
Tue Aug 20 18:25:47 UTC 2013

On 20/08/13 5:39, Mihai T. Lazarescu wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:20:01PM +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

>>> Is that correct? Will this solve my problem? I want to confirm that
>>> discard support works on a RAID0 of SSDs using LVM and ext4 before I
>>> start working on getting this legacy application to run on a newer CentOS.
>>
>> What kind of SSD are you using?  We use Intel 520's here
>> and don't really see these kind of slowdowns.
>
> You can also check a newer kernel for CentOS 5 from ELrepo:
>
>      http://elrepo.org/

That's an excellent suggestion, thanks.

However, can anyone confirm that this in fact works? That is, that LVM
RAID0 of two SSDs and ext4 will allow the file system to issue discards
to the underlying devices?

--
Joakim Ziegler  -  Supervisor de postproducción  -  Terminal
joakim at terminalmx.com   -   044 55 2971 8514   -   5264 0864