[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Aug 21 02:33:25 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-20, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:

> Will the many apps which depend upon the existing code-- e.g., grip,
> k3b, gnome-cd-- still work after installing your software?

You can install Joerg's version to someplace separate, like /usr/local,
then test those dependent apps against the /usr/local version.  I do not
use these programs, so I don't know exactly how they work--if they are
built against cdrecord libraries, this process might be challenging, but
if they are just calling external helper programs it might be easy to
configure e.g. k3b to use the /usr/local versions.

I hope that's helpful.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us