[CentOS] USB Audio sound card

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Aug 23 03:01:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:03:08PM -0400, Glenn Eychaner wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > A quick search of the web says that yes,
> > these devices will work under CentOS and show up as /dev/dspX devices. So, do
> > devices like these:
>
> I apologize.  I should have said here "A quick search of the web (and the NewEgg
> comments) indicates that these devices generally work under *Linux*, but do they
> work in CentOS 6?

good point. I should have known that's what you meant.

however, it gives one hope. especially since many of those comments are
a couple years old, it's given time for drivers to work their way into
other distros--assuming the drivers were new at that time, and they may
not have been.

especially that first one you ask about is dirt cheap, so maybe the way
to do it is to go buy one and try it.

Fred

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."