[CentOS] Looking for a tutorial or manpage describing sysctl params

Markus Falb wnefal at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 15:08:41 UTC 2013

On 24.Aug.2013, at 11:57, adrian at pa0rda.nl wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a toturial or manpage describing all the thing that you
> can set with sysctl on RHEL 6 or CentOS 6.
> It apperas the the default /etc/sysctl.conf coming with the distribution
> gives a couple of errors on bridgen.

$ sysctl -a
gives you a list of all things you can set

Besides google or similar, documentation for these things are in the documentation for the kernel
install the kernel-doc package
you can get a list of possibly interesting files (although this list may be not comprehensive, I do not know) with

$ rpm -ql kernel-doc|grep sysctl

--
Markus