[CentOS] Centos 6.4 problem with double spaced printing

Billy Davis

bdavis at cds-corp.com
Sun Aug 25 22:25:01 UTC 2013

We have a Centos 5.8 32 bit server that has been printing fine since we
installed it.  Recently, we also installed a new server with 64 bit
Centos 6.4.  On both servers, we print all reports with a simple 'lp'
command.  The new server prints all reports with double spacing.  We
looked at the text file that is being printed and found that it contains
both '<cr>' and '<nl>' characters.  On the 5.8 server, this does not
seem to be a problem, but on the 6.4 server, it is.  Does anyone know of
a fix for this problem?

Thanks
BDavis