[CentOS] nfs4, idmapd, users with same name, different uid?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:01:08 UTC 2013

Is idmapd supposed to work where users have different uid numbers on
the nfsv4 server and client?     It seems to show the right names for
ownership on the client side, but if I automount a home directory,
that user doesn't have permission to enter it, and if I change
permission to allow access and create a new file, it shows on the
server as owned by the uid number for the user on the client (and
wrong on the server).

Everything works like it would on nfs v3  where the uid numbers are
the same on the client and server, but what's the point of the
rpcidmapd daemon if it doesn't actually map the ids?

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com