[CentOS] minimal X applications needed to export to remote server?

Fri Aug 16 15:17:22 UTC 2013
Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>

I'm running a piece of network backup software called 'bacula', on a minimal CentOS 6.4 install.
I got everything working pretty well, but there's one piece giving me some problem-- a component which gives status info via a GUI.
In the past, on previous installations, I could ssh to the bacula server with the -X option, and run the application (called 'bat'), and it would display back.  I'd have to make sure the sshd_config permits Xforwarding, but that was all.

On my new CentOS 6.4 minimal, I always get:

bat: cannot connect to X server

I tried the usual tricks of exporting the display to my system where I want to see the GUI, which shouldn't be necessary anyway due to the 'ssh -X', but I thought I'd give it a shot.  Still no go.

I figured something was missing, since it is a minimal install, with no X.   So I installed 'xlogo', thinking maybe all the X stuff needed to display that would be installed.  By installing xlogo, I got a bunch of X stuff, including:

xorg-x11-apps-7.6-6.el6.x86_64

I also have:

libXau-1.0.6-4.el6.x86_64
libX11-1.5.0-4.el6.x86_64
libXrender-0.9.7-2.el6.x86_64
libXcursor-1.1.13-2.el6.x86_64
libXft-2.3.1-2.el6.x86_64
libXxf86vm-1.1.2-2.el6.x86_64
libXi-1.6.1-3.el6.x86_64
libXmu-1.1.1-2.el6.x86_64
libXaw-1.0.11-2.el6.x86_64
libX11-common-1.5.0-4.el6.noarch
libXext-1.3.1-2.el6.x86_64
libXfixes-5.0-3.el6.x86_64
libXdamage-1.1.3-4.el6.x86_64
libXrandr-1.4.0-1.el6.x86_64
libXinerama-1.1.2-2.el6.x86_64
libXv-1.0.7-2.el6.x86_64
libXt-1.1.3-1.el6.x86_64
libXpm-3.5.10-2.el6.x86_64

But I still get the error.

Anyone know which package/rpm/lib I am missing?

Thanks!

Regards,
Joseph Spenner

If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.
"♥ Sticker" fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html