[CentOS] surveillance DVR

Thu Aug 1 15:48:09 UTC 2013

Lorenzo wrote:
> mark wrote:
>
>> It's not a plug-in appliance, it's software. We are currently running the
>> cameras on our servers, and my manager, as I've said, was considering a
>> plug-in appliance, that we could access and back up from our Linux servers
>> or workstations, and not have to worry that, as just happened with the
>> last kernel update, it would break the drivers.

>Maybe a couple of those wuold fit the bill:

>http://www.ubnt.com/airvision#aircammini

>and, according to the website, the control software (airVision) should
>install also on linux

BING! Those *are* interesting, and the price is right on the edge of
affordable. I'm looking for reviews now - I see the software's been a
Debian package, and installable on ubuntu (we're 95% CentOS, though), and
I see things from last year saying that an RPM will be out real soon
now....

Thanks very much. We may not do it - price, and Ubuntu, but this is right
there.

       mark