[CentOS] [Centos]Converting 32bit system to 64bit system

Sat Aug 3 13:35:42 UTC 2013
Ahmed <ahmed.daud500 at gmail.com>

On 08/03/2013 05:45 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 03.08.2013 07:32, Ahmed wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>           I am thinking about converting my centos 6.3 32bit system to
>> centos 6.4 64bit system. Please let me know what are the consequences
>> of
>> conducting this type of activity?
> Ahmed,
>
> Do you want to do a live/"in place" migration to 64bit? If yes, I
> recommend backing up and reinstalling from scratch or if you have a home
> partition just let it be unformatted and your settings should be
> preserved - most of the stuff in /home is arch-agnostic.

Yes, I want to do a live "in place" migration. My main concern is to
preserve the home partition. I don't care about the software and rpm's.
SO is it 100% safe to leave the home partition untouch during the
installation will preserve the whole /home partition and data in it?

Thank you so much for your support.