[CentOS] repoforge :: is it still active?

Wed Aug 7 17:12:30 UTC 2013
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

On 08/07/2013 06:41 PM, Patrick Flaherty wrote:
> They off up their SRC rpms right? Grab the .spec file and have a go at
i already did this (for el6 - see below) .. i have the rpms, but at this
moment would be for me too time consuming to learn how to make a repo. i
imagined that for professionals (that did this thousands of times) would
take very little time to rebuild the rpms and put in their repo (repo
that is installed on all my machines)

> updating it yourself. It's sometimes as simple as grabbing the new src tar
> ball, incrementing the build number and running rpmbuild -ba blah.spec.
> Sometimes there are patches to merge or library issues, but I've had really
> good luck at that. Also, if you show up to an interview and say you build
well, on el5 doing the exactly the same things like on el6 there are
some files that are not found (this is for rrd) .. so i was hopping to
have at least some guidance.. (another bad thing is that i dont have a
virtual machine for building and i tried this on an old production
server (as an dedicated user))
In the end (when the importance of time for doing this will be greater
than my current job activities) i will follow this info:
http://repoforge.org/package/
http://repoforge.org/package/quickstart.html
http://repoforge.org/package/rebuild.html

Thanks!