[CentOS] problem configuring grub for a dual-boot

Thu Aug 8 10:04:45 UTC 2013
Vanhorn, Mike <michael.vanhorn at wright.edu>

I tried the suggestion of swapping the disks assignments:

>Try telling grub to swap the disks:
>
>>  title Windows 7
>map (hd1) (hd0)
>map (hd0) (hd1)
>>  rootnoverify (hd1,0)
>>  chainloader +1

But that still just gets me

 invalid EFI file path
 Error 1: Filename must be either an absolute pathname or blocklist

I think that my failing is something to do with grub and EFI. In the
anaconda-generated  grub.conf file, there is a line that reads

 device (hd0) HD(1,800,64000,9b55c4a9-fdbe-4fcd-857b-8e7e129e29f9)

I have no idea where that UUID came from, as both blkid and ls -l
/dev/disk/by-uuid do not have entries for the disks themselves, just for
the partitions. Maybe that isn't even a UUID. At any rate, I'm wondering
if there should be a similar entry for the other disk in the system.

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu