[CentOS] Why libnetfilter_queue is missing from CentOS, but available in, Fedora?

Fri Aug 9 13:32:56 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 08:48 AM, Mike Burger wrote:
> Simply put, it's likely not in RHEL, either. CentOS is, essentially, a
> clone of RHEL, so if it's not in RHEL, it's not in CentOS.
>
> Keep in mind, as well, that the latest Fedora releases are as closely
> related to the current RHEL/CentOS release as you and I. RHEL/CentOS6 is
> closer to Fedora 12, as I recall...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quite familiar with Centos taking what Redhat sends her. (Adapted from a
line in 'The Wreak of the Edmund Fitzgerald')

I seem to recall that the switch started with F16 and complete with F17.
So this makes it hard for maintainers to work with the old and new.

grumble.