[CentOS] qemu-kvm package?

Fri Aug 9 21:31:06 UTC 2013
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 08/09/2013 05:35 PM, John Doe wrote:
> From: Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>
>
>>>   > I just did a clean net install of CentOS 6.4 and when I run
>>>   > virt-manager it says that qemu-kvm is missing, but when I try to
>>>   > install it with yum it says that there isn't a package with that
>>>   > name. Is something wrong with my configuration? Or what is causing
>>>   > this package to appear as not available? Thanks,
>>
>> It's a 32-bit install.
>
> Google told me:
> "Whilst previous versions of RHEL supported KVM on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems, as of RHEL 5.4 support for KVM virtualization is only available for 64-bit (x86_64 architecture) versions of the operating system."
> But I never played with it so I cannot confirm...
>
> JD

I have a kvm-84 rpm and src.rpm for CentOS 5.x (Levente's) and run a
32-bit KVM host for few years, but I never played with CentOS 6, never
needed it.

http://rpms.plnet.rs/plnet-centos5-srpms-srpms/RPMS.plnet/kvm-kmod-84-1.el5.src.rpm

I suggest you use VirtualBox, or some other distro.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)