[CentOS] Motherboard and chipset compatibility

Mon Aug 12 17:22:16 UTC 2013
Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com>

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Now, about what you're looking to build - you say that you want 1U, and
> mention rackspace: in my experience, rackmounts are a *lot* larger than a
> pizza box, so I'm a little confused at the requirements you're building
> for.

The rack is already full; I only get that 1U of space by removing a spare
part to another location, and unfortunately, I have a depth limit due to
the power distribution module on the rack rear. These computers are
replacing tower PCs that sit on the floor under a desk in a rather hostile
environment, so I'd like to move them to either the desktop or the adjacent
rack, but have limited space in either location (1U of short-depth rack or
about room for a miniITX box on the desk).

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory