[CentOS] qemu-kvm package?

Tue Aug 13 21:16:50 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I suggest you use VirtualBox, or some other distro.
>
> I'll really like CentOS/RHEL and will definitely stick with it.

Virtualbox isn't 'instead of' CentOS'  it is 'instead of KVM' as a
virtualization layer.  Not sure how much difference there is in
capability, other than being available for many more platforms,
including 32-bit linux.  There should be some overlap in supported
image formats.  I've moved vmdk's created on vmware to both, but I'm
not sure what others they each handle.

> The
> point of my questions wasn't to complain or any like that, but just
> surprise because it seemed that the no 32 bit support didn't line up
> with my experience and just trying to make sure I understood
> everything.

If you have hardware support for virtualization, you should probably
be running 64-bit Centos with KVM and not much else at the host OS
level.  If you have applications that need 32-bit, they could run in a
guest.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com