[CentOS] Red Hat CEO: Go Ahead, Copy Our Software

Thu Aug 15 21:45:08 UTC 2013
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 04:40:14PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> What about bait and switch?

What about the fact that you've been beating this same horse for many
years now and it's a little tired at this point?

> I guess I'd rather have seen the contributed work go to a distribution
> that didn't develop a community with a free version and then after
> accepting their work, take the free version away.  CentOS still gives
> the same effect, so why didn't they just continue to allow
> redistribution?

If you're so disgruntled with Red Hat, and from the many years of beaten
horse posts it's clearly evident that you are, why do you continue to
use their components?  CentOS originates with Red Hat no matter how you
care to look at it.

							John
--
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

-- Friedrich Nietzsche