[CentOS] Red Hat CEO: Go Ahead, Copy Our Software

Thu Aug 15 22:58:04 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>> So, what about redistribution of copies?
>
> learn the difference between trademarks and software licences

So, if you have a license that says  "the distribution of the whole
must be on the terms of this License," and " You may not impose any
further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted
herein", it really means that you can add something that adds
restrictions.

>> I could use debian, but then I'd have to learn to type apt-get instead
>> of rpm. I'd prefer to continue using the commands that Red Hat
>> baited us with
>
> so learn it or shut up with your Redhat hate for no reason

I have my reason.  You don't have to like it.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com