[CentOS] Red Hat CEO: Go Ahead, Copy Our Software

Fri Aug 16 15:04:19 UTC 2013
Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 8/15/2013 2:22 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> And RedHat really DOESN'T own any of the source code it sells!
>
> redhat doesn't sell the source code.  they sell their support services
> and infrastructure.

I agree completely, but the way that they've handled the devtoolset
just seems a bit odd. It's definitely a VERY nice to have an updated
toolchain available, but why is a separate product? It is available
for install with CentOS ( http://people.centos.org/tru/devtools-1.1/ )
but the issue is that there's no clear way to use the compilers in the
devtoolset with the EPEL and that's VERY unfortunate in my opinion.