[CentOS] Red Hat CEO: Go Ahead, Copy Our Software

Fri Aug 16 17:18:29 UTC 2013
Andrew Wyatt <andrew at fuduntu.org>

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Really?  Are none of the trademark-restricted additions packaged into
> GPLed items?  Or is redistributing the trademark OK as long as nothing
> is changed?   If you could obtain a copy and didn't care about RNH,
> could you ship straight RH binaries instead of rebuilding?
> <snip>

The redhat-logos, redhat-release, and redhat-release-notes (if it exists)
packages contain the trademarks that need to be changed at a minimum.  I
can't speak for CentOS but at Fuduntu we just replaced Fedora or RedHat
with Fuduntu in the spec, or any patches whenever we came across it in
addition to those three.